CP#3 Hexidized (with OVR)

Hello everyone, the third Community Proposal is Hexidized, and was proposed by Charles Ledbetter.

You can find the proposal here.

Hexidized is about creating and promoting experiences in the OVR platform.
As BlackPool already bought some parcels in OVR, we are looking to expand our involvement in the platform.

As a kind of “test-run”, we are organising a cool event in Lisbon in partnership with OVR, in October during ETH LisCon, and are planning a second event right after.
The team agreed that if these events are successful, we might want to take a second look further at the Hexidized proposal.

In the meantime, what do you think of the project?

2 Likes

I only know a little about OVR and haven’t used the platform yet, I am mostly posting here to support activity on the forum.

This proposal looks ambitious and visionary. I think the October ‘test-run’ mentioned by @Hazelstar would be a crucial requirement for this proposal to be considered further. I suspect others in the community will be in the same boat as me, lacking context around OVR and the potential synergies for Blackpool. I am struggling to imagine what the Hexidized ‘experience’ would look like, and the first section of this proposal strikes me as, quite honestly, fanciful at best.

‘Family in Home Christmas’ is the first ‘experience’ listed, how can those experiences be replicated here and why would we want to? Are father and mother NPC’s watching our avatar unwrap presents?

1 Like

Yes, the team’s thoughts on the proposal were of the same ilk. Charles’ proposal of a “Family in Home Christmas” left us a bit perplexed. After we conduct the event in October, we’ll ask him to better refine his proposal.

1 Like

@0x_ql and @Hazelstar I too find this proposal a little confusing.

Upon reading and viewing the resources below, the proposal appears to be about using OVR to create an art piece similar to the Van Gough Alive exhibition that is referenced in the proposal. I guess the scent machines would add to the AR experience.

Refining of the proposal would definitely help.

The ability to sell NFTs related to the cost for conducting the event is a plus, but without hard numbers to know what the expenses are and how many NFTs that need to be sold it’s hard to know the risks involved.

After the LisCon event more will be known, I would suggest doing a minimum viable event after LisCon using the scent machines etc to know what is involved and to test the market demand for such an experience.

Also for other readers not familiar with OVR such as myself the video from BitBoy below about OVR gave me a quick run down on how it works.

https://scentair.com/en-au/art-scenting-scentair-van-gogh-alive-grande-experiences

1 Like